Thursday, July 11, 2019
The Patton Homestead in Hamilton will be observing Military Service Day in a FREE event this Saturday, July 13th, from 10 AM to 4 PM.
The event is a day-long exhibition of vintage military vehicles, equipment, military reenactors, speakers – both veterans and academics – and other attractions, held on the grounds of the home of one of America’s most famous and celebrated military families.
The day also recognizes and honors the 100th anniversary of the A.P. Gardner American Legion Post in its efforts to support veterans and their families in Hamilton MA.
What you will see-
• 1943 M4A Sherman Tank Demonstration
• US ARMY UH-60 Blackhawk Helicopter landing!
• Massachusetts State Police EC135 Helicopter landing!
• Military re-enactors
• Equipment displays
• Military vehicles including half-tracks, light tanks, heavy trucks
• Artillery & support equipment
• *The Boston Park Rangers Mounted Patrol Unit
• Harvard Polo Team (the General was a Polo Player!) and more!
Parking located on the Homestead’s field parking lot and along Asbury Street. The American Legion may ask for a $5 parking donation to help offset the costs of hosting the event. A number of food trucks will be present on-site, but visitors are welcome to bring food of their own.
General Patton’s Home
650 Asbury Street