Monday, July 26, 2021
MassDOT Advisory: Gloucester, Blynman Drawbridge Route 127 (Western Avenue) over the Annisquam River - Deck Joint Repairs on Blynman Drawbridge
Travel impacts overnight hours, starting 9 PM on July 28th and 29th
Overnight closure of Route 127, Western Avenue, over the bridge Large boats will be unable to pass as bridge will be in the closed position
GLOUCESTER – The Massachusetts Department of Transportation (MassDOT) is announcing that it will be conducting deck joint repairs on the Blynman Drawbridge over the Annisquam River in Gloucester. The repairs will require the draw span to remain in the closed position from Wednesday, July 28 through Friday, July 30, during overnight hours from 9:00 p.m. to 5:00 a.m. the following morning.
Vehicular and marine traffic will be impacted at night. If required, the closures will continue on Sunday, August 1. Vehicular traffic traveling Route 127, Western Avenue, over the bridge will be detoured each night from 9:00 p.m. to 5 a.m. as follows:
Route 127 northbound traffic
- Left onto Route 133 westbound Left onto the ramp for Route 128 northbound Route 128 northbound to Grant’s Circle Right onto Washington Street Right onto Centennial Avenue
- Left onto Route 127 northbound.
Route 127 southbound traffic
- Right onto Centennial Avenue Left onto Washington Street Around Grant’s Circle to Route 128 southbound
- Right onto the ramp for Route 133 eastbound
- Left onto Route 133 eastbound
- Right onto Route 127 southbound