Monday, January 11, 2021
Governor Baker Signs Health Care Legislation Increasing Access to Quality, Affordable Care, Promoting Telehealth and Protecting Access To COVID-19 Testing, Treatment
I joined Governor Baker, Lt. Governor Polito, Senator Cindy Friedman, and Senator Julian Cyr, for a ceremonial signing of the bill.
The new law:
* Increases insurance coverage for telehealth services,
* Expands the scope of practice for nurse practitioners, other specialized nurses, and optometrists,
* Takes steps to protect consumers from surprise medical bills.
* Extends requirements for all insurance carriers in Massachusetts to cover COVID-19 testing and treatment.
* Removes barriers to urgent care centers for MassHealth members
* Takes several steps to increase MassHealth member access to urgent care sites, including eliminating referral requirements before urgent care visits and requirements for care coordination with the member’s primary care physician.
To read more about the law - https://www.mass.gov/news/governor-baker-signs-health-care-legislation-increasing-access-to-quality-affordable-care