Wednesday, January 15, 2020
Every year the flu causes thousands of hospital admissions and deaths. Here are a few national statistics from 2018 to underscore the significant and dangerous impact of the virus. Many more people died from flu than by drug overdoses and deaths from car crashes were only about half as many as from the flu!
The flu is a disease of the body’s nose, throat and lungs; it is imperative to take these steps to prevent it from entering you:
* Get a flu vaccine every year.
* Wash your hands often.
* Cough or sneeze into a tissue - not your hands.
* Wash before touching your eyes, nose or mouth.
* Clean things that are touched often, like knobs and phones.
* Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
Find out where you can get a flu vaccine by asking your primary care provider, going to a local pharmacy, or visiting vaccinefinder.org.