Thursday, October 17, 2019
National Grid Power Outage Report
National Grid has shared the following information with me.
Our current global ETR in Massachusetts and Rhode Island – that is, the time by which 95 percent of customers are expected to be restored – is Saturday night. That doesn’t mean everyone will be without power for days – that’s a worst-case scenario. The majority will be back sooner and as that information becomes refined, we will be providing updates.
We have nearly 1,260 field personnel in New England who have been activated as part of our emergency response operations. This includes: more than 1,000 in MA and 280 in Rhode Island, inclusive of overhead line crews, forestry, contractors, underground, wires down, and substation workers. These numbers will increase, as we have also requested additional crews through our mutual assistance partnerships.
Please note the restoration estimates on our outage map reflects the time the last customer in your town is expected to be restored, so we recommend logging in instead for a more personalized estimate.
Encouraging Customers to Stay Connected:
• Report power outages at www.nationalgridus.com or call 1-800-465-1212.
• Receive text message alerts and updates when you text the word STORM to NGRID (64743).
• Use your mobile device to track outage information and storm-related safety tips through National Grid’s mobile site accessible at www.ngrid.com/mobile.
• Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter and Instagram; we post all the latest storm and restoration updates.
• Track outages and ETRs at www.nationalgridus.com/outage-central.