Thursday, March 8, 2018
The winter storm is beginning to wind down, but bands of snowfall will continue to move through Massachusetts this morning, and snow may not end completely over much of the Commonwealth until nearly noon. Occasional light snow is expected to persist in Berkshire County through at least tonight.
Significant heavy/wet snowfall and winds are the primary drivers of the current outages. There are a total of 343, 279 customer outages statewide as of 8:47 AM. · National Grid: 279390 · Eversource East: 63832 · Eversource West: 48 · Unitil: 0 Power
MA Department of Transportation (MassDOT) reported the following: · All HWY Districts are in snow and ice operation. A total of 2706 pieces of equipment and 679 MassDOT personnel are engaged in snow and ice operations. · 93 NB HOV Lane: There will be no AM HOV lane this morning due to the weather. · Per Mass State Police, the speed limit on I-90 EB/WB has been reduced to 40 MPH NY border to Hopkinton/I-495. o All specialty permitted vehicles are restricted from using I-90. Below are the current closures for Highway:
· Acton - Rte-2 EB at Piper Rd (Downed trees)
· Acton - Rte-2A EB at Concord Rd (Downed trees)
· Haverhill - I-495SB at Exit #51 (Downed trees)
· Haverhill - I-495NB at Hilldale Ave (Downed trees) · Amesbury - I-95SB at Exit #58 (Jack-knifed TT Unit)
· Concord - Rte-2 at Elm Street (Pole down. Both directions closed)
· Norfolk - Rte-1A at Valley St. (Downed trees. Both directions closed)
· Wareham - US-6 at Rte-28 ( Flooding. Closed in both directions)
MBTA Impacts: · Green Line - Shuttle buses replace Green Line D branch service between Riverside and Reservoir in both directions until further notice due to extensive wire damage caused by an earlier downed tree.
· Mattapan Trolley - Bus shuttles are replacing Mattapan Trolley service between Ashmont and Mattapan Stations until further notice due to weather. · Commuter Rail - Lowell Line Bus shuttle on Lowell Line between Wilmington and Anderson/Woburn due to low-speed derailment · Minor delays on other lines.