Monday, August 3, 2015
Ever wonder how some drivers got their low number license plate? They most likely had luck in a Registry of Motor Vehicles plate lottery.
If you would like a chance to replace your old plate with an upgrade then you should consider applying for the 2015 Low Number License Plate Lottery. With 156 plates available, you have lots of chances to be selected. Plates will be awarded by random drawing and announced live during a NightSide with Dan Rea radio broadcast on WBZ 1030AM on Thursday, September 12, 2013 from 8-10 PM.
You can get an application at RMV branches or by clicking this link: http://www.massrmv.com/Portals/30/docs/21843.pdf
Important things to know:
• By law, applications must be postmarked by August 21, 2015,
• Winners will be posted on the Registry website - MassRMV.com,
• Eligible applicants will be considered for all plates listed. Plates will be awarded in the • order in which they are listed on the 2015 Plate List,
• An applicant must have a currently registered and insured passenger vehicle.
• Winners will have until December 31, 2015 to swap their plates by phone or at the Special Plate Section at RMV Headquarters. Unclaimed plates will be forfeited after December 31st,
• Only one entry per applicant, • Low number plates must be renewed every two years.
While there will be an expected 6,000 drivers seeking a plate upgrade, you only have a chance to win a coveted low number plate by submitting an entry, be sure to mail your completed application before the August 21st deadline. Best of luck and see you on the road.