Thursday, February 2, 2023
DANGEROUS COLD TEMPS FRIDAY AND SATURDAY
What to do before extreme cold weather hits
- Be Informed - receive alerts, warnings, and public safety information before, during, and after emergencies.
- Make a Family Emergency Plan that addresses the needs of your family and prepares your family to safely evacuate or shelter in place if needed
- Assemble an emergency kit.
- Prepare your home for possible emergencies.
- Ensure your vehicle is ready for safe winter driving. Follow safe driving practices if you must travel during winter storms.
- Make sure your pets are ready for cold weather.
Potential for isolated power outages due to strong winds
Wind chill as low as -15 to -45 late Friday night through Saturday morning
Heavy freezing spray over coastal waters
Posted by Bruce Tarr at 4:27 PM